Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm not even going to bother summarizing today. There were so many ups and downs that I'd wear out the keyboard. But I'll provide a couple of the funnier vignettes.

On Wheatley in Amlit:

LauraR: I think this hawks back to Shaw and the "My Fair Lady" controversy. At some point, when you hand a piece to the public, they can make of it what they will.
Dr McM: Hawks, Laura?
Dr McM: "Harks", perhaps? Or "hearkens"?

At the Diner:

"Um...you asked for a knife?" (To people who hadn't been served yet.)

On the bright side, I can now make a malt, a shake, a float, and a phosphate. In theory. I mean, the guy showed me how. I'll doubtless scare away the first few customers I serve with grotesque renditions of the desired drink, though. Oh, and don't ask what a phosphate is if you don't know. It's disgusting.

I'll start not this Saturday but the next. Eeeeee.

5 comments:

Corinth said...

A phosphate is part of the membrane of a cell. The phosphates are polar, and the lipids are non-polar, and so the phosphates go on the outside. Duh.

...so why would they name a drink that? XD (It, er, is a drink, right? :P)

L. C. Russell said...

Have you been doing too much bio, hon? XD

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a drink--it's soda water, half and half, and some gross flavoring like cherry stirred together and poured over ice. EW.

Иơαħ said...

Hmmm. Good job.

...though, honestly, you're really demoting the place you work for, instead of making it spectacular...I dunno. Just a thought.


!Noah!

Corinth said...

Ew disgustinnnng. XD

Too much Bio? What on earth are you TALKING about? :P

Lady W said...

Yeah, phosphate.... doesn't sound very palatable, either the way I know it or the way you describe it.

Reminds me of the parish picnic, the other week....

"Hey, Fr. Antoine, I'm going to get a snowcone. Want one?"
"Non. I look at eet, de color- and I think, eet come straight from the lab."