Sunday, August 17, 2008

Late night ramble...

Well, Jenny was off to college yesterday, looking all bright and perky. We have the promise of a family friend that the freshman adviser will root her out of the dorm if she tries to closet herself away. But apparently they had an icecream social this afternoon. Even she can't resist that. Yeah, I'm jealous, because someone here ate all the icecream (hmm, I wonder who?) Plus I don't have anyone to bicker with. Anyone who's seen a couple of mares will have a good mental image of us. But there are some silver linings. For example, the bathroom is now MINE. And no more enormous messes on MY side of the sink. Anyone who has an older sister will understand what I mean. (Sorry, Jen, but you know I could have made that a lot worse...;-) )

Life is plugging along here. I can't believe I'm on my last week of complete freedom--and I have a book report to write, so I guess it's not. Although I'm slightly looking forwards to shredding the literary qualities of Uncle Tom's Cabin, while of course paying homage to its historical meaning.

On the media field: watched an AMAZING movie last night. Steel Magnolias. It's so sad, and so hilarious at the same time. There are quite a few characters with foul mouths, and, ahem, some things that were not in good taste, but the acting was just incredible. Don't flinch when you hear Dolly Parton is in it, like I did. She does a wonderful job with her character. Top flight rates for acting and screen writing.

Can't think of a stunning way to wrap this post up. I'm tired. Don't let the bed bugs bite, y'all.

No comments: