Thursday, August 21, 2008

It was a most unusual day...

I had a really great day today.

Marvelous, in fact.

~This morning started out with a job offer sitting in my email inbox. Huh? Well of COURSE I accepted. It's just helping out an hour and a half per week with kids' choir at church, but still!

~Also in my inbox a bit later, there arrived an email from someone else asking if I wanted to play a piano prelude for as many as 3 church services Sunday. Yep, I said I'd do all three. (spazz! I probably would have paid them for permission...)

~I banged around on the piano all morning. In between checking my inbox, of course.

~I had a great piano lesson. To elaborate, someone called me up Monday and asked me if I wanted to play background music for a party Saturday evening, and I accepted gleefully. But it was looking pretty grim a few days ago, since I hadn't played the vast majority of these pieces in four months. But with a lot of mental sweat and the eat-sleep-horse-piano mode, things have mostly ironed out. I played everything straight through in the lesson today, and aside from mentally losing it every now and then, and thus skipping chunks of music, it was a lot of fun. If I can just get the memory to stick, everything will be great. >.>

~We're having pizza for supper.

~I just learned that Vinny (pony) is very tentatively going to have a new home with kids soon, which is great news. Hopefully details and confirmation will be forthcoming soon.



...I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm going to need a bomb shelter or something after all this. XD

No comments: